Endorsement Requirements

The Board no longer accepts paper applications. All applications must be completed online.  Make sure when you apply in elicense you type your name as it should appear on your wall certificate. Do not use all lower-case letters or your wall certificate will print your name in all lower-case letters.

Online applications are reviewed in the order of “date submitted”.  The review process can take up to 40 business days from the date of receipt due to the vast number of applications we receive.

Fresh Start 2019 - Please see the Board's Position Statement on Disqualifying Criminal Convictions

Continuing Education:  Applicants applying for a Treatment credential must complete courses that are approved by the Board’s CEU approval process or another authorized CE entity. The education provider must reference the name and approval number for the formal approval body on the CE certificates.  College or University courses may also be used to meet the education requirements but do not need to be pre-approved by the Board or another authorized entity. 

Online application for an Endorsement 

  1. Navigate to the e-License Portal. The e-License Portal is most compatible with Google Chrome or the latest version of other internet browsers.
  2. Register/Login to your Dashboard and select your current license title and select "Options" then select " Apply for an endorsement" 
  3. You will be required to upload and attach all required forms. (PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ/VIEW ALL OF THE MATERIAL THOROUGHLY.)
  4. You will be required to pay the $50 application fee 
  5. If Official college/university transcripts are required, they need to be emailed to the TRANSCRIPTS ONLY E-Mail by the college/university, transcripts@ocdp.ohio.gov or by mail to Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, 77 S. High Street, 16th floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215 
  6. It can take up to 40 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) to process applications. 


  • Hold an active LICDC
  • One year (2,000 hours) of chemical dependency counseling related work experience (compensated work or supervised internship) This is in addition to work experience previously submitted for licensure.
  • One additional year (2,000 hours) of work experience as a clinical supervisor of chemical dependency counseling services (Cannot be the same dates as the chemical dependency counseling related work) A minimum of 200 of these hours must be face-to-face supervision of staff.
  • 30 hours of clinical supervisory education
  • Successful completion of the ADC & CS examinations or completion of Examination Waiver Form
  • Completion of online application
If using college education: One semester hour = 15 clock hours or One quarter hour = 10 clock hours
OHIO CD WORK EXPERIENCE - The required CD Counseling Work Experience hours for Ohio Applicants must be submitted by Supervisors through Elicense (See Reporting of Supervision ONLINE under the Certification and Licensure link)
OHIO CS WORK EXPERIENCE - Applicants must have the following paper Supervision Work Form (CS: Supervisor Reference Form) completed by their Clincal Supervisor and submit to the Board for review of CLINICAL SUPERVISION Work Experience.
CS: Supervisor Reference Form  (for Out of State Applicants Only) Verification of work performed out of state must be documented in paper format by clinical supervisor.  
CD: Supervisor Reference Form  (for Out of State Applicants Only) Verification of work performed out of state must be documented in paper format by clinical supervisor.  



Applicants must hold an active LCDC II, LCDC III, LICDC or LICDC-CS license with the Board to be eligible to receive a Gambling Disorder Endorsement.

Applicants must complete 30 hours of gambling specific education in the following content areas:

  • Knowledge of Gambling Disorder
  • Gambling Counseling Practice
  • Special Issues in Gambling Treatment
  • Professionalism in Gambling Treatment
Gambling Endorsement Assistance Offered
Due to a workforce capacity grant provided by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Problem Gambling Network of Ohio (PGNO) can assist with obtaining the Gambling Disorder Endorsement (GAMB), including: coaching, resources, and general technical assistance. This service is offered at no cost to license holders. Please contact PGNO at Info@PGNOhio.org or 614.750.9899 for more information.