Work Experience Verification for CD Treatment License to be completed by Supervisor online
Reporting Instructions in Elicense for Chemical Dependency Treatment Supervision
The online Reporting format is for eligible supervisors to submit the required treatment services work experience direct to the Chemical Dependency Professionals Board through the elicense platform for candidates who have applied for a treatment license with the Board. You must be an approved supervisor under a scope of practice for the treatment services you are verifying for a candidate . See OAC 4758-6 Scope of Practice.
NOTE: Supervisors should not report work experience hours unless the Supervisee has opened an application (ex:APP-000000000) in elicense. Work hours should not be documented on any completed license # such as the CDCA, LCDCII, LCDCIII, LICDC.
- Go to www.elicense.ohio.gov and Log into your elicense account (An instruction page is also referenced on the Elicense Portal)
- From the Dashboard on your license tile, click the OPTIONS button, then select the appropriate CD Supervision Report. NOTE: Certain OCDP and CSWMFT licenses (along with some licenses with the Medical, Nursing and Psychology Boards) can provide supervision for those applying for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board license depending on the scope of practice and the certification/license level of the candidate/applicant.
- The CD Supervision Report or the Clinical Supervisor Report page displays depending on the one you’ve chosen. In the box labeled Supervisee License # or Name, search for the OCDP candidate you supervised by entering their name or current application number given to the applicant in elicense when they applied. After you enter at least three characters, matching records will appear from which you can select the person you supervised.
- Read the instructions then click the SAVE & CONTINUE button.
- Complete the appropriate report form(s) then click the SAVE & CONTINUE button.
- If you are entering practical experience hours each section must contain an entry. Enter a zero (0) in any area where the applicant has no experience under your supervision. SAVE & CONTINUE.
- A page for submitting documents appears – attach a signed job description for the position the applicant held while under your supervision. Click the SAVE & CONTINUE button.
- An attestation pop up displays. After reading the attestation, if you agree click the box and then click the SUBMIT button, otherwise click the CANCEL button. Once the supervision report is submitted to the Board it is reviewed during the normal application review timeline, however, an e-mail is sent to the applicant immediately to their email in the elicense system summarizing the data from your report once submitted.