To renew a certification/license follow these easy steps:
- Navigate to the e-License Portal. The e-License Portal is most compatible with Google Chrome or the latest version of other internet browsers.
- Register/Login to your Dashboard. Use the Renewal Application Instructions as needed.
- Answer the renewal questions. Be sure all your continuing education is completed before you renew. You can load and track your continuing education through CE Broker to avoid audit.
- Enter your payment, print your receipt and your renewal is complete. You will receive a renewal approval email with updated wallet card.
- Verify the status of your license anytime in your portal dashboard.
CDCA, LCDC II, LCDC III, LICDC & LICDC-CS
- Forty (40) hours of field related continuing education is required
- Six (6) hours must be chemical dependency specific
- Three (3) hours must be in ethics
- Individuals who hold the LICDC-CS credentials must also show six (6) hours of education in Clinical Supervision topics
OCSP I & OCPS II:
CONTINUING EDUCATION SUBJECT AREAS
Renewal fees are non-refundable.
Standard Renewal fee
Late Renewal fee*
Renewal fee for dual status (both CD and Prevention renewable levels)
$100 per credential
Late Renewal fee for dual status*
$125 per credential
Senior citizen renewal fee (60 years of age, 20 hours or less per week)
Late Senior citizen renewal fee
Short Term or Long Term Inactive Status
*Renewals are considered late if they are submitted after the individual's expiration date.
INACTIVE STATUS POLICY
Individuals who decide not to renew their credential may request short term (up to 6 months) or long term (up to 5 years) inactive status by completing an Service Request - Special Request in the e-License Portal and paying the $15 Inactive Status Fee. Individuals may not use their credential while on inactive status.
RENEWAL AUDIT PROCESS
The Board randomly audits ten percent of all renewal applications received. Audit notices are typically sent three months following a renewal period. Individuals selected as part of this random audit process are required to compile and submit verification of the educational hours used for their renewal. Verification may include copies of certificates of attendance, transcripts and/or letters of completion. Once this material is reviewed and approved by the Board, individuals will be issued a correspondence indicating that the audit was successfully completed. Since the audit process is random, individuals may be selected for audit multiple times.